When it comes to having perfect teeth, there may be a time in your life where you have to consider getting teeth that are not your natural teeth. This could be for a broad variety of reasons including tooth loss and recurring infection. You will have to make the decision on whether or not you will want tooth bridge vs implants. Both have their own benefits and their disadvantages.
Our cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons may also be able to provide other implant details and answer to some inquiries.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Here are some of the implant benefits.
- Permanent solution. Getting dental implants allows for teeth that will be there, long-term as long as they are taken care of properly. For most people, implants will last a lifetime.
- No movement. For implants that are done correctly, there will be no movement. Moving teeth can allow for bacteria to build up, speech to not always sound clear and problems with chewing.
- Easy to maintain. Dental implants are easy to maintain and just have to be brushed and flossed.
- Impression. Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth. People will not be able to tell the difference between your real teeth and dental implants.
- Bone preservation. Getting dental implants will allow you to preserve the bones that are in your jaw.
- Facial construction. Implants help to protect the shape of your face and keep your face from collapsing. Since they stay in all the time, their protection is greater than that of dentures.
Cons of Dental Implants
As with anything, implants do have several cons.
- Waiting time. In most cases, you will have to be careful with your teeth until they fully fuse with the bone. This could take several weeks and you will have to wear a temporary cap over your teeth. Benefits of tooth bridge.
- Tooth bridge offers several benefits for those who choose them.
- Functioning teeth. Dentures will give you fully functioning teeth that will allow you to eat, drink and talk normally.
- Better appearance. Dentures will help you to have an overall better appearance with no sagging facial muscles. You will also appear younger with dentures.
- Pricing. Dentures are generally affordable with many insurance companies covering them.
- Healthy mouth. Your mouth will be healthy and you will have less chance of any infections.
Cons of tooth bridge.
There are several cons when it comes to tooth bridge.
- Not a permanent solution. Tooth bridge often have to be refitted or redesigned to fit in the jaw properly. They may wear out and may need to be completely replaced.
- Fit. Tooth bridge may not always be a good fit. They may loosen and slip.
- Extended cost. you will have to buy bonding agents to keep the tooth bridge in your mouth. This can be extremely costly.
- Face and bone. Tooth bridge will not help always maintain the shape of the mouth as most people remove their bridges.
Both tooth bridge and implants are a good choice to replace decayed and missing teeth. You will need to weigh both the pros and the cons when it comes choosing tooth bridge vs implants.